Monday, December 6, 2010 | By: Andrea Coffey

“Fear” A poem by Andrea Coffey

I studied Art Craft and Design for a year before I began business in DKIT. While doing so we partook in some creative writing classes. I chose to write some poems instead of short stories. Here is one of the pieces I wrote entitled “Fear”.  It was inspired by the rise and fall of one of my favourite Artists.
I love the colours in this
Fear

I fear this woman as she sits in the old wooden rocking chair
Swaying back and forth,
The wrinkled vessel cradled in its solemn arms.

She grins to reveal a gleaming row of yellow stained teeth
Her face soon changes now,
A wrinkled crooked smile to hide a crooked soul.

I fear this woman, the smoke of sins envelopes her
Consumes her whole
She gazes at the clock above her head
Although time has no bearing on her anymore,
It meant something to her once upon a time
Like the fairytales her mother used to tell.

The hands of time stretch out to reach the frail old woman
They begin to choke her essence
A tight suffocating grip accompanied by a whisper in the winds
Beckoning the end of days
She was young once a wasted life she let slip away
One day, one day soon her black soul will become part of the winds.

I fear this woman
I mourn her life, her chosen path
I fear this woman
As she gazes in the mirror
A tired wrinkled face gazes back at me
I fear this reflection but most of all
I fear this woman as she is me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.